Good morning !
First and foremost, I wanna say this is not about anyone or anything in particular; Just some things I’d wanna put my little grain of salt on and we just wanna have some fun here 🙂 You’re very much invited to share with me your #UnpopularOpinions aswell !
Let’s start !
- Things like mental health aren’t a “one size fit all” ; what’s accurate for one person might not be for another !! So we shouldn’t take someone else’s words for granted; On this case, I think we should go peak for ourselves, as only us can tell if we find it accurate to our personnal feelings or not.
- Bad review doesn’t equal a bad book.
- Please keep in mind the MC’s age !!! A teenager cannot have the same knowledge of life like someone is their 20s would – and yet I see it not being thought about in so many reviews.. it’s normal for the MC to seem childish or take the wrong decisions as a teen and us adult might overthink it and go “well, i dont understand how they could do that. the answer was clearly this” .. At that age, we probably would’ve done the same thing, as we didn’t knew all that we do today.
- Another thing we should keep in mind along with age, is the situation. Of course a person in a state of shock or grieving from a loss won’t act the same as an outsider who hasn’t been through watever situation .. It does impact on one’s mindset quite alot.
About our community;
- Though it’s a very loving community, i still feel we have some peers pressure sometimes (ie; classics, indies, diversity, etc.) ; Though it’s important we promote indie authors and diversity, I feel like it can feel as we absolutely have to and not because we want it … so it can create some problems with biased reviews or even positives-but-not-really as maybe we’d feel bad to say unlike everyone else and truthfully say we didn’t enjoyed it or something.
- Some novels qualified as “bad” by the general eye may make us feel like we aren’t able to enjoy them… I think it’s possible for us to enjoy a book even if the author has done bad things – I understand how some people choose not to support said author, but attacking a reader for enjoying one of their book is just way too far. On some cases, the reader might not even know !!
- I’m maybe one of the rare of us that’s not gonna get a bookstagram 😂 When I’m proud of my pictures, i’ll post them here and/or on twitter .. but I know I can’t keep going regularly with it, i’m gonna get mad at my lack of skills and throw stuff ahaha
Thoses were some of mine, what’s yours?
Do we have some similarities ?